Monday, September 1, 2008

August 2008

Vicki geoligist came out and we went fossil hunting.


You got to love the expression on Karalines and Stephi's face!


Spence Shale from 520 million years ago.


Mary on the hunt...


One of dads trylobites. Vicki's /Kati's was by far the best!



Our new puppy skylee


Camping above the fossil fields.





Camp fires are the best.



Vicki with Danny or Alex - Rach, help:)


The Clarks


Cove


Our Monkeys


Grandma's house





Kens Family


Paul and Rachel


Justin Comish family


Shelly's family


Grandma and Grandpa are proud parents! They have great kids.


Uncle Denny's no longer lonely! I was named after Uncle Denny.
Thats how I got my 'D' in JDN.


Me, Ken, Paul, Pat, Justin, Scott as uncle Denny's
Pale bearers.


Mom at Uncle Denny's funeral.


Me and Vicki with Paul and Rachel and family we make
quite a horde (Notice the 2 mav's in the back ground:)


Uncle Joel and Ila and family


The family


Brian at camp.


Brian getting his National Youth Leadership Training!


Don't be so serious.....


Its not my fault. I now have proof that its genetic!





Paul and Rachel on their blog talked about the fire above
there house and we just couldn't be left out. Brian was watching
the lightning on the front porch when it struck up on the hill
above Perry and in just a matter of minutes it was huge.
It moved so fast that it went right over a fire truck but
the miricle was that no one got hurt. It was scary watching
how fast that fire could move with wind!!!
Not the best quality but I think this is my favorite photo
that night.

Taken from about a mile away.

Taken still at a mile without the zoom.

In this one is going at least 10mph to the south.
I don't have a video of it but the wind shifted and
it took off to the north and the whole south side
went out. Going north was when it went over
the fire truck. When me and Vicki saw the flashing
lights in the fire was when we decided it was time to
take the kids home! We are so grateful our neighbors
and friends weren't hurt and no one lost any homes.

In 3 minutes it changed from going crazy south
to going north.

Grampa Gist cutting watermelon.

Kids enjoying watermelon

Dirty dogs at dad's 41 birthday. It was a blast. We went out
and cooked hotdogs and played some games. We were going
fishing but ran out of time.


By Devils Slide.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, you guys have been busy! I love blogs it's nice being able to snoop around and see what everyone is up to:) glad to see you guys so happy <3 kirsten

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

I agree with Kirsten- you guys stay pretty busy- that's great:) Looks like soo much fun!

CoplanRanch said...

Hi Jer,

You are a good photographer. I still like to look at the photo's we took at Yellowstone.

-Sue